Welcome to my blog. On this blog I will post my travels on a motorcycle. The first trip was the start of the blog, but soon after I finished, I realized that there would more travels done on my motorcycle. I hope you enjoy the pictures and thank you for reading.
Steven

Friday, November 11, 2011

My final country, Not before some waiting.

 Today was about getting to Santiago to get set up for the tire change tomorrow. I wanted to make sure I got there in time so I asked the GPS to take me there. A nice 5 hour drive. But soon after I took the road suggested, it turned into a gravel road, and that turned into a dirt road and turned into a dirt track. So I was delayed. But the view was stunning and it was worth the extra time.


 Then I had to drive up the Andes to the border.
 An old natural bridge, called the Inca bridge.
 Then the border, that was different, all cars, busses and trucks get checked and therefor it takes for hours and hours, well, 3 to be exact. I met up with two argentina riders on a ktm (somebody needs to ride those as well) and together we waited. Entering Chile was beautifull, but I was worried about getting to Santiago.
 I got to Santiago, decided to have a look at the shop, and it was still open! So I got the tires changed today, the beast without shoes. I got the tires changed at the moto adventura centre, a nice shop, and very helpfull. Thanks, guys.

View from my hotel room. I now have a day extra, I will sleep in a bit tomorrow and then drive towards Osorno. That is in the chilean lake district, and if the stories are right, it is stunning.

No comments:

Post a Comment