Welcome to my blog. On this blog I will post my travels on a motorcycle. The first trip was the start of the blog, but soon after I finished, I realized that there would more travels done on my motorcycle. I hope you enjoy the pictures and thank you for reading.
Steven

Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Left Mexico, drove to Antigua on what must the the worst road in the world. Or not.

 It rained all night in Tapachula, so hard, that even the frogs came in for shelter. Luckely I had two beds!
 Two cows and an open end truck. Better not drive too close behind it.
 The roads here look fine, but for the rest it is really bad, cars and trucks are all over the place from left to right, avoiding the holes in the road. Some of the holes are up to 20 cm deep. So no time to take pictures of them, stay focussed.
 It does look like a face!
 So I found this hotel, camino real in antigua. It is way above my budget, but sometimes having the vallet guy look a bit strange is worth the money when you ask him to park it.
 Stunning town, this Antigua, it has a tool shop. I am going to move here one day
 Why don't we have nice town squares like this in Holland! Everybody comes out and sits for a bit, friends meet up here, couples make out, old men discuss the world and how much better it used to be.

Anybody looking for a nice GS, looks great. Tomorrow I am going to push it a bit, I hope to make it to Honduras or even Nigaragua. The border crossings are the only thing slowing me down. Today was ok, a bit more then an hour and 20 dollars for my helper. I am fine with that, it makes the whole deal go smooth.

No comments:

Post a Comment