Welcome to my blog. On this blog I will post my travels on a motorcycle. The first trip was the start of the blog, but soon after I finished, I realized that there would more travels done on my motorcycle. I hope you enjoy the pictures and thank you for reading.
Steven

Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Guatemala to El Salvador and the never ending crossing

 My bed in Antigua, very big, soft and nice. I slept very well. Below is the outside of my room. As you might be able to tell, I really liked this hotel. It made me happy!

 The proud owner of the two older GS's, together with the beast and the two. I let the 3 of them talk a bit before I continued. I think the beast liked it.
 Trully the end of the road! I had to drive back a couple of kilometers to take a detour. The whole bridge was just washed away.
 public transport el salvador style

I stopped for lunch, the food and view were great! I wish I can tell the same about the border crossing to El Salvador. All went well until clearing the bike, that took close to two hours, so in total I spend 3 hours at the crossing. Not that is was busy or anything, I was the only one there. Luckely I am very patient, otherwise I would have taken the gun from the guard and try to speed up the whole thing a bit. And trust me, the thought had crossed my mind. So only one border today. Tomorrow I drive to Honduras and hope to cross into Nicaragua. We'll see. For now, I am in Libertad, on the el salvadorian border.

No comments:

Post a Comment