Welcome to my blog. On this blog I will post my travels on a motorcycle. The first trip was the start of the blog, but soon after I finished, I realized that there would more travels done on my motorcycle. I hope you enjoy the pictures and thank you for reading.
Steven

Thursday, October 27, 2011

the Equator revisited. And lucky number 7?

 Gerben and I wanted to see the monument on the Equator, as it is pretty special to cross. Gerben crossed it going south and now going north again, I only cross it going south. It was a very nice day, lots of pictures and then we find out that it is actually not on the right spot, but 190 south of the reall line. Somebody must have made a whoopsie there. But it still looks good.


 They have some lama's there to keep the grass short, better then the machette swinging roadworkers.
 Gerben and I checking out both sides of the world.
 Nothing to do with the equator, but this is a restaurant feeding the grill is a special way with wood. The wood is outside on the pavement, the grill is inside.
 Quito by night! And the basilica
Right, and now about number 7! Yesterday I brought the beast away for a service, today I could pick it up. Yeah. So I was on my way back to the hotel when I got pulled over. Something about my license plate. Ok, let's have a look. It ends on a 7, that is correct. O, I can't drive with that. Well, I can, just not on Thursday evening between 16.00 and 19.30. Ok, I didn't know that, I am sorry. Well, that didn't impress the police much, I had to drive the bike to the impound lot, where it is sleeping now. Tomorrow I have to pay a fine of 88 dollar at the bank before I can pick it up again. It is the law, that is correct, but how am I to know it and why does it also work for tourists on a foreign license. It is a couple of hours ago that it happened, so I am more relaxed about, but the police here in quito now know a couple of rather strong Dutch swearwords. Tomorrow I first go to the doctor, fingers crossed I am good to go, then pay at the bank, then pick up the bike and then leave Quito and continue with the trip. It's been a while since I've been on the road.

No comments:

Post a Comment